Organizing All Those Files

Can you believe it...I'm actually posting!?!  It's been a few months since my last post, thanks to a hectic end of the school year.  No better way than to come off of a blogging break by linking up the Primary Peach for their Organizational Tips and Tricks linky!

 These pictures are from about two years ago when our district switched over to the Common Core Standards.  I needed a way to organize my files to the new standards. The picture below is just half of the stuff I kept, teachers are just organized hoarders :)



I typed up my labels which you can find here for FREE in my TpT store.  On my labels I added a "cliff note"of sort so I could quickly find and sort my resources.  Plus memorizing ALL those letters and numbers will take me forever and by the time I did memorize them it will change.

 *Note you will need Avery Labels 8593. I found mine at Wal-mart.


I started with a stack of papers and began sorting them into each strand.  I had already created folders for the Big Idea, but sorted them into each individual standard (for example 4.NF.4 a).



I laid out a few folders and using my "cliff notes" I was able to quickly sort my resources.



Finally, nice and neat files :)  I also created files for Language Arts, Writing, Reading Literature, Reading Informational, Science, and Social Studies.


I am so glad I did this a few years ago!  As an Instructional Coach these came in handy for when assisting my 4th grade team.  I was able to quickly grab my file and resources for them!  I am currently working on labels and files for third and fifth grade.  I will post those labels once they are completed.

*I hope you stop by later in the week for my Summer Blogging Series

3 comments

  1. Great idea to have the standard and a "cliff note" - two years ago I labeled all of my files with the standard, and didn't have a clue what any of them meant! Adding a little blurb about what that standard actually is would have been so helpful! Thanks for sharing!

    Theresa @ True Life I’m a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!! Thanks for linking up! :)
    jivey
    ideas by jivey 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your files look fabulously organized. That must have taken some work.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top