Monday Made It


I am so excited to share with you what I have made for this week's Monday Made It linky!  I have been contemplating what color scheme or theme to use in my new office this year, and I finally have decided!  Last year one of my dear friends gave me a beautiful Dr. Seuss wreath for my classroom door.  I am unable to hang it on the door at my new school, but I have been planning to hang it on the wall in my office....and my color scheme is decided...red, aqua, and yellow!


I picked up the above items from Walmart and found this tutorial on how to create flowers using the burlap ribbon.  I fell in love with ribbon before I knew what I was going to do with it. Before I even paid for the items I did a quick "burlap ribbon craft" search on my phone and found the tutorial.  I knew exactly what I was going to do!


The red burlap ribbon was larger than the other ribbon and didn't look right with the size of buttons I had purchased.  So, I played around a bit and decided to create a layered flower.  I burned my fingertips off by this point :)


I had spray painted a basic bulletin board from Walmart and hot glued on my flowers.  I LOVE IT!  I like how the red flower looks like a poppy!


I haven't decided which direction I plan to hang my new board, I love it either way.  
{Note: I didn't cover my board very well during painting and some paint got onto the cork.  At least it will be covered up eventually!}


I also created these frames using wooden frames from Michaels, Washi tape, spray paint, and my ribbon flowers.  I'm not sure if I will put pictures or quotes in these yet.

Have you shopped the TpT Back to School Sale yet!?! 
My entire store is 20% off {Bundles 10% off} today and tomorrow!  


8 comments

  1. Adorable! I love the color scheme.
    I hope your fingertips have recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I'm unable to create anything that cute...

    Mary
    4th Works

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your adorable frames and boards! You really have an eye for what goes well together, they look super cute!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1 & Kinder

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top