Fuel Your Faith

I am linking up with my friend Jessica over at Joy In the Journey for her Fuel Your Faith linky!


I am doing a quick post, one because it's been a long day, and two it is finally beautiful outside! As an adult I have quickly learned that our plans are not always the best plans for us.  We often think we know what is best for us, but the only one who does know what is best is the Lord.  I am a planner and it freaks me out when I don't know what my next move is, or what our families next move it.  (Which is odd, because as a teacher nothing goes according to the lesson plan and as a military family we never have say in what happens.)

Over the past year I have been listening to God more and less of myself, and discovered that when we are faithful and listen he will show us his plan.  The most amazing part of having faith and following God's plan is watching how he opens and closes opportunities.  Yes, sometimes these feel like difficult struggles, but in the end they are His plan and ones that will not harm us but make us prosper.

I encourage you to step back from your plan and listen to what the Lord has planned for you.

6 comments

  1. What an awesome reminder! I have also learned that the best-laid plans rarely work out - learned that the hard way! Some of my favorite verses in the Bible are the ones that come next: Jeremiah 29:12-13 "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

    Thanks for linking up this important truth, Jess!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight. He has got you covered ALL the time. I've been learning so much too this past year. :) Thanks for the reminder BBB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this verse. It is so easy for me to get caught up in my own plans and stress over what I want to happen, but things are always so much better when I let God take control and follow His plans!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog (via your comment on mine)! I can't believe you are originally from Park Rapids, MN. That is my hometown (born and raised). I am your newest follower!! :)

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true Jess! It's sometimes so hard not to keep the controls and make the plans for our lives. But God's plans are always so much better than our own!! Thanks for the reminder!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggle with the Lord's plans as opposed to my plans. I am such a control freak... well, enough said. Thanks for this timely reminder!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top