Tried It Tuesday {Color Me Rad}


Tonight I am linking up with my BBB Holly over at Fourth Grade Flipper to share something I tried outside of the classroom :)

Last week my friend Stender was looking for someone to run with her for the Color Me Rad 5k.  I have always wanted to do it but felt I wasn't ready.  I still do CrossFit four-five times a week, but don't really run for my workout.  By Wednesday Stender was still looking for someone (she had paid for her son to join her, but he was out of town) to run with her so I asked my hubby if he could take the boys to soccer that morning and handle our Saturday craziness.  :)


Stender told me that we would walk through the color stations which made me happy so I could at least catch my breath.  She runs all the time so I was afraid of slowing her down for this 5k, and this was her third or fourth 5k. Oh, and it was 40 degrees that morning which also had me nervous!

When we started the run I felt great, and tried to find a good pace.  We ran through the first two color stations and just as I thought "this girl lied to me, we haven't walked yet!", Stender said exactly what I was thinking.  By this time I knew I just had to keep moving, if I stopped to walk I would end up walking more than I wanted to.  I ended up with a cramp about 3K in, again I just kept telling myself "just keep moving".  Stender was great at giving me tips for running up and down hill and keeping me motivated.

We ended up finishing the 5K in 35 minutes without walking!  I was so proud of myself and Stender!  This was the first time she ran the whole time :)  I am thankful that she asked me to tag along and encouraged me to reach this goal!




6 comments

  1. Congratulations, Jess! What an amazing time for your first 5 km! The Colour Runs are so fun, aren't they!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do a color run so badly, but that would mean that I was back in running shape. Maybe in the spring!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try a color run! I am definitely NOT a runner either but did two different muddy runs and surprised myself when I could actually run farther and longer than I thought. I just hate it! Do you think this has changed your opinion of running in general?
    Congratulations on a great accomplishment! :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO! We have the Color Vibe coming here in November, but I didn't sign up because I don't run. It looks like soooo much fun! Kudos to you for doin' Crossfit too. It looks so intimidating to me, but my friends that do it, love it!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN!!! They have just announced that New Zealand is getting the Color run next year!! I'm so excited for it - Bring on January 26th!!!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!! That looks like a lot of fun! I've done a Glow Run (at night), but not a Color Run yet. 5K down...what's next? :)
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top