Tried It Tuesday


Linking up with Holly today to share some random things I have tried the past week.  


I had read several blogs discussing this book, Wonder, so I had to see what it was all about.  I just started it but, WOW, I already can't wait to finish it.  I am going to read it once for enjoyment and then again to use it in my Reading instruction.  From the first few chapters I am excited about incorporating this book into our curriculum because I think the kids could relate to it and it focuses on compassion, which is something I think our children are lacking {in society as a whole}.  If you haven't read this book or heard about it, I highly suggest reading it!


I also tried out Crossfit yesterday!  Yikes, it was only thirty-minutes and I thought I was going to die!  However, I think it was the best workout I have ever had.  I was drenched in sweat, sore, and exhausted.  I have been blessed to try out and experience Crossfit for FREE :)  My BFF and I are doing it together and our instructor is one of her student's mom.  She just earned her certification to be a Crossfit instructor and asked if my BFF wanted to be her "project", thankfully for me my BFF asked if I could tag along :)  My BFF has been doing it for two weeks now, I was out of town and then the baby got hives so I missed the other classes, but I was able to keep up.  A few things I liked about it is that you can do it outside, there is a variety of workouts, and you compete with yourself.  Our instructor timed us when we did our workout and we work on improving our time on that circuit. Today we did three intervals of running 200m, 5 toe to bars (modified by raising our knees as high as possible), and 10 squats with weights.  I did my three intervals in 7:38, I was impressed with myself but was even prouder that I survived day one :)

The little guy is my Maxton.  He was called up at the end of the night to answer questions about what they had learned.

Finally, I am trying out being a preschool teacher...well at least for this week during VBS.  WOW, a group of three year olds are high energy and sometimes similar to a group of 4th graders.  They are sweet though and love all the different activities.

4 comments

  1. Loved Wonder...Crossfit, not so much! :) Good to you though. I am sure you can handle it.
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved "Wonder." It was a great read aloud. My 4th graders were sad when it ended. Congrats of surviving Crossfit! Ouch!!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought Wonder and just started it yesterday! I can't wait to have some time to read it! I wish we had a Crossfit near me:( I take kickboxing and karate 2x a week and love it! Bless you for teaching preschoolers at VBS!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 170 page novel unit for Wonder you might want to check out. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Wonder-by-RJ-Palacio-Novel-Study-Unit-602041

    My kids LOVED the book this past year. They literally cheered and cried at different parts of the book. I read it a bunch of times myself while I made the unit and cheered and cried each time too!

    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top